Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Protein Shake Deliciousness

Fall is finally upon us my little ghouls and goblins!  Which means I have Pumpkin Fever!  I love everything pumpkin from pumpkin pie to those heavenly Pumpkin Spice Creme Frappuccinos from Starbucks! (Seriously, if you haven't tried one yet you NEED to. They are beyond delicious. I usually get the Creme version but all of their Pumpkin Spice drinks are yummy. Try one! You'll thank me later.)

Since I've been working out like crazy, I thought it would be a good idea to add some protein shakes to my diet. Now don't cringe, not all protein shakes taste like pure nastiness.  I have found that the tasty factor heavily relies on what type of protein powder you use.  I've had such bad luck in finding a good protein powder, every kind that I tried always seemed to leave this disgusting after taste in my throat.  So gross.  So I asked my Dad what kind of protein powder he and my Mom use, and he directed me to Biochem Whey Protein Powder.  I made a trip to my local Sprouts (formally Henry's) and picked up the Vanilla flavor and the Chocolate Fudge flavor.  I tried the Chocolate Fudge protein powder in my Pumpkin Protein Shake a couple days ago and it is absolutely delicious!!  I highly recommend trying Biochem Protein Powder if you haven't already.

Because I am so in love with this protein shake, I figured I'd spread the wealth and share it with the world.

Pumpkin Protein Shake

6-10 Ice Cubes
(depending on how thick you like your shakes. I use 10)
1/3 cup Pure Canned Pumpkin
(make sure to get 100% Pure Pumpkin and not Pumpkin Pie filling. I use Libby's Canned Pumpkin. You can find it at Ralphs.)
1 1/3 cup Soy Milk
(I use Silk Light Original Soy Milk but you can use the regular or Vanilla as well)
1-2 scoops Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder
(I use Chocolate since I'm a chocoholic, but Vanilla is good too! I personally like to use 2 scoops of protein powder)
2 packets of Splenda
Cinnamon to taste

Blend it all up and you'll have yourself a yummy, healthy and festive protein shake!  Make sure you have a BIG glass handy, this recipe makes a huge shake.  It's guaranteed to keep you full for a good while!

Nutrition Facts

Total if you follow my exact recipe:
Calories: 227
Fat: 2.3g.
Fiber: 4.6
Protein: 29.3g.

Breakdown
2 Scoops Chocolate or Vanilla Biochem Protein Powder
Chocolate: Calories: 120
Vanilla: Calories: 110
Fat: 0g.
Sugars: 7g.
Fiber: 0g.
Protein: 20g.

1 1/3 cup Silk Light Original Soy Milk
Calories: 80
Fat: 2g.
Fiber: 1.3g.
Protein: 8g.

1/3 cup Libby's Canned Pumpkin
Calories: 27
Fat: 0.3g.
Fiber: 3.3g.
Protein: 1.3g.

Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment