Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sammy and Sushi Deliciousness

Before I begin, let me just clarify that when I say "sushi" all I mean is "California Rolls".  I don't eat the raw stuff, it freaks me out.

Last night I had a very fun, long overdue date night with one of my closest friends Sam.  We went to Minato Sushi in Lake Forest, which by the way is freaking delicious and very well priced!  If you're a sushi lover, you definitely need to try Minato.  Check out their website, they have a huge variety of sushi and appetizers and also offer a great All You Can Eat option. 
Usually, when it comes to sushi, I can really only eat four maybe five rolls at the most before I'm full.  Last night I really surprised myself.  I ate eight California Rolls, four small veggie egg rolls and a scoop of Green Tea ice cream before I was finally satisfied.  I was semi impressed with myself and semi grossed out until I realized that I had basically starved myself all day by not eating nearly as much as I should have earlier, plus my crazy workouts cause me to be hungry every couple hours.  So I guess my sushi binge eating was justified after all. :P

This is completely off topic but I'm super excited about it and want to share.  Thanks to my amazing boyfriend, I have discovered the Lose It! app.  I downloaded it last night on my phone to check it out and so far it's awesome!  It allows you to set a goal weight, how much you want to lose a week (up to 2 pounds), tells you when you will acheive your goal weight (apparently I will reach mine by November 1st), tells you the amount of calories you are allowed each day, you can log everything you eat (it has a HUGE database of almost every food you can think of) and you can log your exercise routine (which of course causes your calories allowed for the day to automatically rise).  I'm really entertained and having a lot of fun with this app so far! (Only child = very easily entertained)
It's not just a phone application, you can use Lose It! on the computer for free too! I plan on sticking with it and seeing just how well it works, so I will keep everyone posted on my progress.  Let the weight loss begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment